Every year, termites cause more damage than hurricanes or fires in the U.S. combined, and it’s just a matter of time before they start munching on the structural features of your home or commercial building. The truth is that termite infestations often go unnoticed for years or even decades. If you haven't had a termite inspection in the last few years, we would highly suggest scheduling a session with a Sacramento termite inspector.
Integrated Pest Management Termite Control Services in Sacramento And Beyond
Termites are silent destroyers that can cause significant structural damage to your property that require costly repairs without showing immediate signs. To safeguard your investment and ensure long-term protection, Earthwise Pest Management offers specialized Integrated Pest Management (IPM) termite control services. Our approach to pest control services goes beyond traditional termite extermination methods, focusing on holistic and sustainable solutions that target termites at every stage of their lifecycle.
The Essence of Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Treatment Methods
IPM is a comprehensive and environmentally-conscious approach to pest control that emphasizes prevention, monitoring, and treatment techniques tailored to the specific pest and its behaviors. When it comes to termite problems, IPM is a game-changer. It considers the biology, habits, and vulnerabilities of termites, creating a multi-faceted strategy that minimizes the reliance on chemical treatments.
Our IPM Termite Control Services
- Thorough Inspection: Our experts conduct meticulous free termite inspections to identify any termite problem, potential entry points, and conducive conditions.
- Customized Treatment Plan: Based on the inspection results, we develop a personalized treatment plan that includes a combination of physical barriers, baits, and targeted treatments.
- Termite Baiting Systems: We strategically place termite bait stations around your property, using termite-preferred food sources laced with slow-acting insecticides. Termites carry the bait back to the colony, gradually eliminating the entire population.
- Soil Treatments: For subterranean termites, we apply environmentally friendly liquid termiticides to the soil around your property's perimeter. This creates a protective barrier that termites cannot breach.
- Wood Treatments: Infested wood may be treated directly with non-toxic solutions or replaced if necessary, effectively eradicating termite colonies present within.
- Preventive Measures: We offer recommendations to address moisture issues, fix structural vulnerabilities, and eliminate wood-to-soil contact, to prevent termite damage and infestations in the future.
- Ongoing Monitoring: Our team ensures the effectiveness of our treatments through regular inspections, making adjustments as needed to maintain a termite-free environment.
Benefits of IPM Termite Treatments
- Eco-Friendly: IPM prioritizes the minimal use of chemicals, promoting environmental sustainability.
- Effective Eradication: By targeting termite colonies at their source, IPM ensures comprehensive eradication.
- Long-Term Protection: IPM focuses on prevention and continual monitoring, providing lasting termite control.
- Minimal Disruption: Our strategies minimize disruptions to your property and daily routines.
Partner With Earthwise Pest Management
When you choose Earthwise Pest Management for IPM termite control services, you're choosing a comprehensive and innovative approach to termite eradication. Our team is dedicated to safeguarding your property and providing peace of mind. Don't wait for termites to compromise your investment – contact our pest control company today to schedule a consultation and experience the effectiveness of our Integrated Pest Management termite control services.
“Handled The Situation Quickly And Professionally”
“Termites! I had freakin termites in my roof. Earthwise Pest Management was absolutely great. They worked with me on my tight schedule and came out and handled the situation quickly and professionally. Overall, just a great experience (minus the termites, of course).” - Ted F., Sacramento, CA.
Contact Us Today for a FREE Quote on Termite Treatment Services in Central California
Whether you live in Carmichael, Folsom, Roseville, or the greater Sacramento area in general, we here at Earthwise Pest Management want you to be as informed as possible when it comes to termite behavior. Termites in California can cause serious damage to structures, both residential and commercial, so if you have an immediate Sacramento termite control need, don’t hesitate to reach out to us for a free quote and a deeper explanation of our green pest control services in Sacramento. Whether you are in need of residential or commercial pest control, we have the experience, dedication, and affordable pricing that our clients have come to know and love.
Termite Damage Is Serious
Every year, termites cause more damage than hurricanes or fires in the U.S. combined, and it’s just a matter of time before they start munching on your home or business. While many don’t understand the ill effects termites can have until it’s too late, consider this mind-blowing statistic: termites cause $5 billion in structural damage in the United States of America alone. If you reside in a potentially at-risk area, it is clear that proper precautions must be taken. Not only are they destructive pests, but they multiply quickly too.
The Importance of Termite Inspections
Termites can be difficult to detect as well, increasing the need for regular inspections by a Sacramento termite control specialist. They may be living in your home, causing extensive damage for some time before you realize it, so it’s more important than ever to get a termite inspection performed on your home or commercial building by a termite professional to be sure they are NOT there!
If, however, you consider yourself more of a self-sufficient type, this termite services and info page is for you. In it, you will find general information about common types of termites in Sacramento and the surrounding areas, a description of their behavior, termite prevention and exclusion techniques, and where we come in at Earthwise Pest Management, the top providers of pest control in Sacramento! Keep in mind that you can find out more information about pests aside from termites right here on our page covering Pest Info!
What Termites Are Found In California?
There are three primary kinds of termites found in California - the Drywood termite, the Dampwood Termite, and the Subterranean Termite. And although each exhibits different behavioral patterns from the next, all three are capable of infesting homes or other structures, resulting in the need for a termite exterminator in Sacramento.
Subterranean Formosan Termites
Characterized as an invasive termite species, Formosan termites are a variety of subterranean termites that have wreaked havoc across the United States for the last century or so. Having emigrated, as it were, from East Asia around the turn of the 19th century, they’ve become so widespread that they’ve impacted many parts of the world in addition to the nigh-on-entirety of the U.S. Western subterranean termites are more common to the Pacific and western states of the country, including Washington, California, Nevada, Idaho, British Columbia of Canada, and even into western Mexico. In Northern California alone, the Western subterranean termite poses a massive threat to timber and its economy, costing the region millions in annual damage.
It is estimated that one in every five Northern California homes within urban areas will be attacked or have been attacked at some point by these pests. That is why many people need to conscript the Sacramento termite services we provide here at Earthwise Pest Management. We provide termite inspection, termite treatment, and even termite prevention services to secure your home or place of business.
And while we are Sacramento termite control professionals, it is impossible to completely fortify your home from the threat of these subterranean termites. That said, homeowners in the Sacramento and Northern California area need to be equipped with the basic knowledge to identify signs of these pests to limit the cost of termite damage if an infestation is found.
California Subterranean Termite Identification
Let’s start with the tell-tale signs of a termite infestation - timber damage. Western subterranean termites are especially dangerous to Douglas fir and other building timber used in home and building construction in Northern California. That’s not the kind of fact you like to hear as a Sacramento or Carmichael resident — we know — but it remains the state of things. Swarms of these Formosan termites will attack and devour the internal spring wood sections of trees, leaving the external summer wood intact. This results, as you may have guessed, in timber failing to be identified as infested due to the external appearance (really just a shell at this point) remaining intact while the insides of the timber are packed with moist soil. Once you cut into the wood, you are able to see this “honeycomb” effect.
Western Subterranean Termites In Sacramento And Their Biology
Although the entirety of their existence occurs underground, termites are interestingly social creatures. Their massive underground nests are comprised of a termite queen, king, not-yet-actualized kings or queens (“winged reproductives” or “alates,” to be precise), soldiers, and worker termites. Aside from being a participant in breeding, the king does little else aside from being attended to by the worker termites within the central chamber of a given hive. Queens do most of the reproductive heavy lifting, as it were, in that she lays an impressive number of eggs. Her body is vastly larger than those of her mates or subjects, and she can live longer than 25 years. Considering the fact that queens can produce 2,000 eggs a day, you begin to see how vital it is to address a termite problem head-on with a professional termite control specialist in Sacramento (like us here at Earthwise Pest Management).
Worker termites are quite small in size - about half the size of a match head or ⅛ of an inch in length. They have no wings, are sterile, soft-bodied, blind, and work 24 hours a day once they become an adult. While their work ethic is impressive, it’s less than ideal when they have your home or place of business as their next target. You are unlikely to see this class of termites in your home as they are experts at staying discreet.
Soldier termites are orange-colored with rectangular-shaped heads. They also sport pinchers which are used to fight off enemies like ants. They have a front-gland hole which they utilize to spray a sticky, latex-like material onto said enemies in order to trap and immobilize them. Termites have been at odds with ants for some 250 million years, and the soldier termites have developed a specialized defense against them, as can be observed by the pinchers and debilitating spray. Homeowners occasionally spot a Sacramento termite infestation when termites and ants take to the battlefield.
Winged reproductives, also called swarmers or alates, are some of the most commonly observed termites in California, as they are known to “swarm” in the daytime during the spring. They don’t have the best vision, and they aren’t the most skilled of fliers, but their key to survival and reproduction lies in the fact that they can be lifted up and taken by the wind for hundreds of yards. Once they land, they’ll establish a new colony. This is significant because it suggests that homeowners who do not live near a wooded area are still potentially vulnerable to the Western subterranean termite. “Swarming” (or spreading) usually takes place in the spring, although some smaller swarms might take place later on in the summer months.
If you find signs of swarming around your home, give us a call for immediate Sacramento termite treatment. We are a pest control company in Sacramento that can both control and prevent termites from infesting your abode.
Drywood Termites In Sacramento, California
While it is important to remember that Formosan termites need moisture to survive, Drywood termites don’t. And although they are predominantly found on the coasts of this region, these Western dry woods can be transported into your home via infested furniture or, really, any kind of wood taken into your home. These kinds of termites, while not as common as their subterranean counterparts, can be even more destructive to structures. If you have recently brought any wooden items into your home, or even if you have recently purchased an older home, make sure to schedule a termite inspection in Sacramento.
Western drywood termites are more likely to be found in poorly-constructed buildings made entirely of wood. If you are wondering what characterizes a poorly-constructed building, just take a look at the corner joints. They have to be flush, otherwise, these termites will enter through the ends of the wood. Very rarely will Drywood termites enter through the sides of the wood. With that knowledge in mind, it becomes clear how important having a well-made wooden structure (like a home) actually is. If you are in the unfortunate position of discovering your corner joints are vulnerable, we recommend getting those fixed in addition to utilizing our termite prevention and exclusion program. As part of our Sacramento termite inspection services, we’ll analyze all at-risk areas of your property and give you a thorough breakdown as to what you need to address to be sufficiently secure. Of course, if you already have a termite infestation, we will address that problem head-on with our Sacramento termite management services.
Signs Of Termite Infestation
Speaking of termite infestation, warning signs that you need to call a termite exterminator in Sacramento include the aforementioned termite swarms, piles of fecal matter or pellets, surface blisters on the wood, and termite plugs that have sealed all openings. If you are wondering if a termite is a “swarmer,” you can identify them with these criteria:
- Easy to mistake for bees
- ½ inch in length, including wings
- Orangish-brown head
- Dark brown abdomen
Other evidence of Western drywood termite damage includes the transformation of the wood that they’ve delved into. These pests tend to eat across the wood grain, creating galleries that are connected by tunnels. These tunnels and galleries are remarkably smooth, containing no sediment at all, as opposed to their messier subterranean cousins.
What YOU Can Do To Prevent Termites Outside And Inside Your Home
Earthwise Pest Management utilizes a checklist in order to correctly identify any and all areas of your home or business that either are or might become home to a termite colony. This applies to our Sacramento pest control services in general, but specifically for termite inspection as well. When we come out to your home to perform a thorough pest and termite inspection, we’ll cover this checklist with you in detail, providing you with our expert advice for the best treatment options and termite exclusion methods for continuous protection. But there are also practical housekeeping items that we can recommend to you right here and right now. Some of these recommendations are listed below to help you prevent termite infestation and keep termites out of your Sacramento home:
- Be sure to eliminate all areas of standing water in your home (this goes for all pests). Likewise, make sure you eliminate any unused timber in your yard.
- If you need to store firewood outside, make sure you do so a minimum of 20 feet away from your house and five inches off the ground.
- Be proactive about replacing broken or damaged roof shingles and weather stripping.
- Consider making compost out of your landscaping trimmings. If you break it down, termites won’t be able to infest the wood.
- You could also contact your local municipality to ask about wood recycling options in your area to be proactive about termite control.
- As we alluded to above, termites won’t be able to get into your home if the wood isn’t coming into direct contact with the ground. Consider placing a concrete base on wooden items around your house. Yes, this is a more involved preventative measure, but it certainly beats having to deal with a rotted home.
- You can also eliminate termite access by filling in the cracks around your house. Once you fill in the areas, be sure to treat the specific area with termiticide as a preventative measure. Of course, we can handle all parts of termite control for you, should you wish.
- Keep your basement, attics, and crawl spaces dry and well-ventilated.
- Inspect your home for internal cracks and, if found, be sure to seal them up as well.
- Inspect any wooden furniture or picture frames you bring into your home. Examine the wood for small holes or material that looks like sawdust at first glance. This isn’t actually sawdust, for the record, but is called “frass,” which is a kind of excrement produced by termites. You can use a pin to probe the small holes to find an exit hole the termites are using.
- Call your local termite exterminators at Earthwise Pest Management. We use environmentally friendly, safe, effective termite control Sacramento residents can depend on. Plus, it won’t cost you an arm and a leg, either!
“They Do Excellent Work, And I’m Very Pleased”
“I’ve used Earthwise at two different rental properties for subterranean termites. Each time these guys were prompt and never tried to sell me a monthly service contract like many other pest companies will try to do. They do excellent work and I’m very pleased.” - Jim. A., Sacramento, CA.
Contact Us for Termite Treatment Services in Central, CA
Give us a call for any and all of your termite issues. We are known as one of the top Sacramento pest control companies for good reason. Get your free quote for pest control services today! Be sure you ask us about our Quarterly Pest Control Services we offer here in Carmichael, Folsom, Roseville, and greater Sacramento.
CALL TODAY FOR EXPERT TERMITE CONTROL SERVICES IN SACRAMENTO, FOLSOM, AND ROSEVILLE!